You’ve worked hard all your life to care for those who are important to you—your family, your friends, your community, and the causes you support to make the world a better place. When you are gone, you want to ensure that the care you provided in life continues, and that your assets are put to use in accordance with your wishes. A smooth transition requires planning, which depending on the size of the estate, can be complex. Manfred & Hunt is experienced in helping individuals and families with expert estate planning services, providing you with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that those who rely on you in life will be able to continue to do so after your death.
We will provide you with experienced guidance in planning for the distribution of your estate by creating an individualized plan to accomplish your goals in the most efficient way, with the least possible delay and tax burden, avoiding probate when appropriate, and providing for the care of your children, spouse, or other heirs in the event of your death.
The following are the documents that are generally discussed and utilized in the course of preparing your estate plan:
• Revocable Trust
• Durable Power of Attorney for Finance
• Advanced Health Care Directive
Manfred & Hunt also goes beyond the scope of a basic estate plan where the personal situation of the client warrants it. We also assist our clients in funding their assets to their trust, and help them to change beneficiary designations on life insurance and retirement assets (if necessary), for an integrated estate plan. For those higher net worth individuals, we also offer the following services:
• Assist with inter vivos gifting
• Analysis of current estate tax situation and estate tax planning
• Drafting irrevocable trusts
• Drafting Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs), including providing a detailed cash flow analysis of the transaction where needed.
• Drafting Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
• Drafting Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
• Drafting Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
Whether your estate is large or small, simple or complex, we have the skills and experience to help you put together a plan that will protect your heirs and facilitate the transfer of your assets after your death.