Sometimes a validly-executed Durable Financial Power of Attorney will enable the named agent to manage the assets of the incapacitated adult. If the incapacitated adult has a trust, a conservator may only need the limited power to retitle the assets to the name of the trust, so the trustee can then manage the assets for the benefit of the incapacitated person. Often, a financial institution will require that that institution's Power of Attorney form be used for an agent to manage an incapacitated person's account. An adult can only appoint an agent under a power of attorney if the adult is competent to understand the power of attorney document.